Every few months my sister and I drive about 45 minutes to meet “The Chicken Truck” in a shopping mall parking lot and pick up our fresh boneless, skinless chicken breast. Why, you might ask, would we drive all that way to get chicken from the back of a truck? Because it is delicious! Fresh! And I might add cheap!
So how can this chicken be so good, fresh AND cheap? Well, Zaycon Fresh decided to take the middle man out of meat. When you purchase meat from Zaycon Fresh you are ordering in bulk and without the fancy packaging and grocery store prices. Zaycon Fresh products are fresh from the farm to your kitchen table.
Straight from their website….
- Combined Buying Power
- We combine the buying power of many families together, enabling us to negotiate huge savings on food purchases for your family
- Direct Farm-To-Consumer
- We bring products direct from the farm / processor (or as nearly as direct as possible). The products are as fresh as if you had your own farm, but without all the chores
- Sold By The Case
- We sell food products only by the case. No extra costs for handling. And no more empty shelves in your pantry
- Select Products
- We sell only what we eat ourselves—high quality, healthy food. Our focus is on a select number of commonly consumed food items such as fresh meats like chicken, beef, turkey, pork and fish
- Sales Event Model
- Our unique sales event approach turns traditional food purchasing on its ear. Convenient, quick, organized—about 2 minutes and you never even need to get out of your car
So how does it work?
Go to https://zayconfresh.com/refer/zf568773 (this is my referral link).
Type in your zipcode to see what meats and dates are available in your area.
Place your order. The chicken is sold in 40 pound cases. If 40 pounds is too much for your family you could split a case with a friend.
Drive to the pick up place. If you have a long drive you may want to bring coolers along to keep the meat cold on the drive home. The chicken is fresh, not frozen.
Once home I either can or freeze the chicken.
I put 2 or 3 chicken breast in a freezer bag. You could even be extra amazing and bag up some great freezer meals with the chicken! Check out Pinterest for inspiration.
I also canned about 20 quarts of chicken and chicken broth to use for soups and stews this winter. This was the first time I had canned meat and it turned out great! Plus, it was easy!
If you decided to can your chicken this blog post has some great tips. http://www.thesisterscafe.com/2013/03/pressure-chicken I left out the bouillon cubes that the recipe suggested.
What I like best about driving to the “Chicken Truck” is that I know I can have a freezer and pantry full of healthy chicken to grab for a quick meal. Maybe next time I order I will check out the steaks Zaycon Fresh offers.
Let me know if you decide to try out Zaycon Fresh and thanks in advance for using my referral link! https://zayconfresh.com/refer/zf568773